Forgery: Babysitter Caught Stealing and Cashing Checks. Question About Possibilities Going of

samedi 31 janvier 2015

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia



So here's the scoop..



A few months ago I had a cannon stolen out of my garage, maybe Nov 25th or so, about 450$ of value.. Called and got a police report.



Last month December, I had someone buy something on my credit card from nike.com, I posted that here:

http://ift.tt/1CZTxt7



Then in late December, I bounce a check because I had other "checks" posting that I didn't anticipate, which we find out later our forgeries.. Then last week I see a large check come through from the babysitter (she is 18 and has been from what we've seen is the first fraud check).. So I call my wife and she days, I didn't write it, not my signature.. So I look close and yah, no way she wrote it.. We look back from Jan 2014 and see that there are 11 checks we didn't write.. We don't pay too much attention as you can gather or we would have probably noticed them earlier.. If it hadn't been for an the last check which was completely unexpected I might still not know..



Fast forward, I compile all the info, print all the check and signatures on the back, and create a spreadsheet of all the information.. Since she lives at home I call her mom today and she comes over.. We show her all the info and she says she'd embarrassed and I tell her we'll be calling the cops, but I'd give her the consideration to let her husband know first..



Later on today the Dad comes over and I show him everything and he says the same thing, tell him I'll be calling the cops, but I'd give him the consideration of waiting until the morning..



He calls about an hour later and says the daughter wants to talk with us, so we go over there and I record the conversation.. She admits to doing all of it (except the cannon), she did the nike charge and the checks.. Says she wasn't smart enough to know that it was bad in a summary..



So, I'm wondering what my options are.. We plan to call the cops.. They look as if they'll tell the truth.. We want our cash back 2600$, but we want to see justice done as well (we trusted her with our children).. We also had at some point all of our financial info out, ss#, checks, credit cards, financial info, etc, etc.. completely exposed, because we left it all around in draws, etc.... We trusted her..



Anything I need to be weary of? Any advice anyone can give me here that I may not know.. I'm hoping I can call the cops, give them all the data and have them go over to her house which is across the street and get whatever they want from there..



Is she liable for the 2660, is she liable for a bounced check fee I got for a time that she was cashing checks from my account.. Is she liable for any costs for credit checks, changing accounts, life lock credit protection, etc..



Our reason for getting the cops involved is that we don't know what else may be compromised or what might show up in the future.. We are really in the early stages of understanding the extent of damages financially.



Is there any punitive or other damages along those lines that we can get as well?



Last but not least.. She won't cop to stealing the cannon, but common.. Never had any issues before.. very suspicious.. Do I have any hope here even though she denies this one thing?





Forgery: Babysitter Caught Stealing and Cashing Checks. Question About Possibilities Going of

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire