Discovery: Plaintiff Requests at the Last Second

samedi 31 janvier 2015

My question involves small claims court in the state of Michigan regarding my Lawsuit against my Condo Management Company.



Background of Case:



The Defense Lawyer filed a motion for Discovery at the Pretrial and we had 60 days to complete the Discovery. The Defense Lawyer then sent me his request for Discovery on Day 57 and advises me that I need to complete the request within 28 days, however, we have court on what would be Day 65.



So basically he tried to extend the judges order of 60 days to complete the Discovery by several weeks.



I just want know a way to articulate to the judge how the Defense failed to ask for Discovery in a reasonable amout of time.



Note: Discovery was suppose to completed by 60 days. Which means day 57 is not a reasonable amount of time to start it.



I figured I'll bring everything to court but he is not getting it any sooner. I really want to argure for a default.



Thank-You and I appreciate all the help!!





Discovery: Plaintiff Requests at the Last Second

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire