Criminal Investigations: Questioning of Witnesses in a Homicide Investigation

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

My question involves criminal law for the state of: West Virginia.



I'm so overwhelmed and under the impression I can't give out lots of details to this case. But I have not met with a lawyer and I've been discouraged to because the family of the victim thinks the defense will reach a plea agreement. The defendant and accused is currently in jail for homicide. I interviewed with the homicide detective prior to this happening, all that I witnessed about the suspect before he allegedly murdered a friend. I don't consider myself an expert witness, but could the defense turn it on us and all the witnesses? From my understanding, the cop wanted to interview with me to be sure that I was being honest, since he said that my testimony matches other testimonies too well, because it's the truth and I think that I proved that. Should I call the homicide detective and clarify things? Well I haven't yet because I don't know if I should be talking to police when I'm not guilty of anything related to the case. And I don't know how much else I can say here. My main question is, can I be accused of anything and do I need a lawyer? Will getting a lawyer be detrimental to the case against the accused? From my knowledge, Grant county of the state of West Virginia is processing it. The family HAS a lawyer who I have not yet met with, which they said I refused to do but I wasn't able to because it's three hours away. I kind of feel like I'm being given the run around. I have written a witness statement and the homicide detective interviewed me later on. My statement didn't deviate that much but I tried to tell him as much as I recalled. What bothered me was that he didn't ask me anything related to the person being accused of the crime. I went with the victim's close relative to the interview. We interviewed separately.





Criminal Investigations: Questioning of Witnesses in a Homicide Investigation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire