Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Shoplifting at Walmart

lundi 26 janvier 2015

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Louisiana



So today I decided to make the stupid decision of stealing a 5 dollar pen from Walmart and got caught. I am a 16 year old and it as my first time stealing. I opened the package for the pen and put it in my pocket and got stopped by an undercover LP before I left and was brought to a room without me resisting. They asked me questions like my age, weight, height, address, etc. My brother then came to pick me up where he had to sign some paper but I didn't have to sign anything. They said a letter would be coming in the mail which I'm guessing is a civil demand letter or something. No police were involved and they let me go with a 24 hour ban. Should I pay the fine or ignore which I hear a lot of people suggest. Will I have to go to court or will I be fine just ignoring the letter and not paying the fine since I didn't leave with the merchandise.





Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Shoplifting at Walmart

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire