Premises Liability: Is a Business Liable for Injuries Caused by Another Customer

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

I attempted to post a question late last night, but I don't think it went through. If it did, my apologies for repeating it.

My wife and I exercise in a local gym which is a branch of a large company. My wife was about to step on a treadmill but did not realize that the machine was running. Apparently the individual who was using the treadmill had stepped off for some strange reason without turning the treadmill off. She did not notice the machine running. The treadmills are very quite and also with all the other treadmills all in line of more than 20 or so, and other people using them, it is very easy not to notice a running treadmill. Not to mention, who in his right mind leaves a "run a away treadmill"? Needless to say she fell and injured herself. According to some of the patrons, who witnessed the fall, we have a pretty good idea who the careless individual was.

The question is, does the gym have any liability in this case. There are no warning signs of any kind posted regarding the careful and responsible way to use the treadmills.

Personally, I cannot imagine why would anyone undertake such a reckless move to leave a treadmill running, but than again some people have no common sense.

Thank you





Premises Liability: Is a Business Liable for Injuries Caused by Another Customer

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire