Seat Belt Violations: Will E-Mails Be Admissible in Traffic Court

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Indiana



Received traffic ticket for speeding. Checked with the right authorities and was told by a traffic engineer that NO speed survey had ever been performed on the state highway for the stretch of road that I was cited on.



Two questions:



1) Its my understanding that this will significantly increase my chances of getting this dismissed. According to the MUCTD there must be a speed survey done in order to permit speed enforcement on the a road; no speed survey = speed enforcement is not permissible. Can someone else help me confirm this?



2) The engineer responded to me via email rather than on a physical piece of paper with official letterhead, signature, etc. Will I be able to print out a copy of the email conversation and have this be sufficient to use in court? Or will something that is on a physical piece of paper, signed, etc. be necessary?



Thanks





Seat Belt Violations: Will E-Mails Be Admissible in Traffic Court

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire