Traffic Court Issues: Delay in Processing a Traffic Citation

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

My question involves traffic court in the State of: california

I received a citation for disobeying a stop sigh on December 7th, 2014.

I have been by the court house to pay the bail 6 or 7 times, but the CHP still has not provided the court with the paperwork, so I am not able to pay the fine. The original citation stated that my court appearance to be on January 21st.

As of today, January, 29th, the court does not have any mention of my citation. In the mean time I received from the CHP office a notice for a "new notice to appear" date, which is February 23rd. By that time, it would be almost 3 months from the date of the ticket.

It just does not seem right that one has to wait for the convenience of the agency to produce the necessary paperwork to the court.

I realize that the right to a speedy trial which is 45 days, starts on the day of the arraignment, which I have not had yet, but even so, how long do I have to wait for them to produce the paperwork? Don't I have any recourse in such case and the right to ask for a dismissal of the citation?

Thank you

JL





Traffic Court Issues: Delay in Processing a Traffic Citation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire