Disputing Debts: If a College Miscalculates Tuition Can they Bill You For the Balance

jeudi 29 janvier 2015

My question involves education law in the State of: Ohio



3rd year student - registered for spring classes in November. 3/4 time student. Tuition charges were added, and ultimately billed in January. Financial aid was paid to the school, covered tuition, and I received a small refund of the balance.



2 weeks later, I get a bill showing I owe a significant amount (~20% more). The charges are very mixed up (several instances of additional fees being added, then subtracted. Same with tuition) I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the math, and it looks like they did not charge the right amount of tuition prior to payment of my January bill. I registered for the semester's classes as early as possible, and I only registered one time. I did not change, add, or drop any classes. It should have been a straightforward bill on their part.



But there is no way I would have known that my tuition was incorrectly charged, and it seems wrong for them to settle my bill, and then come back and charge more. As always, my tuition bill came, my financial aid covered it, and I used the remainder to purchase books. Do I have any legal basis for challenging the extra tuition and fees 3 weeks into the semester?





Disputing Debts: If a College Miscalculates Tuition Can they Bill You For the Balance

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire