Quiet Enjoyment: When Can a Landlord Enter an Apartment After Giving Notice on the Lease

mardi 27 janvier 2015

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California



I live in an apartment community operated by a company. I have been living in my unit for last 3 years. Recently landlord sent me a notice that they will not renew my lease and I should vacate my apartment after lease is over. This notice was sent to me exactly 60 days before lease expiry.

This was a big surprised to me since there was no such thing going on until now. And I just had a baby who is not even a month old.

I requested the manager to consider my situation and make an exception so that lease can be renewed. But no avail, they blatantly refused to renew the lease. I have no issues with this so far but things are getting crazy day by day.

The manager sent me a notice saying there will be people in my apartment to take measurements for cabinets so that they can place the orders. In normal case I wouldn't have objected.

But in this case when I am still living in the apartment and the renovation is not being done for me, does the landlord have any legal right to enter in to my apartment?

I argued with the manager but she started talking about legal paperwork and that is when I had to tell her that if it comes to that I will prefer to hire a lawyer and talk to her than arguing with me, who is not a legal expert.

By the way, this is in bay area california. I read through the California Civil Code Section 1954 and as per my understanding, landlord does not have a right to enter in my case.

Any thoughts?





Quiet Enjoyment: When Can a Landlord Enter an Apartment After Giving Notice on the Lease

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire