Custody and Visitation Issues: Establishing a Visitation Schedule for a Parent Who Lives Only 4hours Away

jeudi 29 janvier 2015

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Florida



- - - Updated - - -



Let me give you a little background:



The father and I met while in college and found out I was pregnant in August. Once September came around and he realized I was actually having a baby, he decided he didn't want anything to do with me or the child. He came to one of my doctor visits there after assuming I would not file for child support.



He knew about the day our child was to be born because I text messaged him. I gave him the address and room number to come and visit but he didn't show up. Instead he went to DJ a party that week that u was in the hospital.



His mother called me the day after I had given birth telling me it was my responsibility to put him on the birth certificate and they would do whatever they needed to do to change our sons last name to his fathers.



Despite the nonsense, a few weeks later his mother asked if her son and herself could come and visit our son. I of course said yes and we set a date for that saturday. (I have all communication between us through emails.)



That Saturday they did not show up again.



A month later I was served with papers saying the father wants all summer every summer visitation, all winter break and all spring break every year visitation with all these holidays. He also wants our son every weekend at the end of the month.



He also filed in the paper work that he wants to change our sons last and middle name.



He does not have a lawyer, but has the help of his mother who works in the courthouse in a county I don't reside in.



We have mediation coming up and I was trying to get suggestions on a parenting plan that might work for the both of us. He has never met his son before and he will be 9 months old. He has a battery charge on his record. When we were together he physically put his hands on me out of anger. He consistantly drinks whenever he has a chance. He has never taken care of a child and doesn't have an adequate living environment since he's still in college living with three other males in an apartment.



I don't want his son not to establish a relationship with him, I just want our son to be in a safe environment.





Custody and Visitation Issues: Establishing a Visitation Schedule for a Parent Who Lives Only 4hours Away

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire