Civil Rights Issues: Arrested but Denied Medical Aid While in Custody

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

My question involves civil rights in the State of: California





Recently I was arrested when I was contacted by the 'watch commander' and invited to talk with him at the station about my ex's DV cases against her and my concerns about the two deputies that are in email contact with her. Anyway, the 'watch commander said he was on his way down to meet me when two deputies came out and had a felony warrant for Vandalism. In Sept., Idiot me, put a 4" in scratch on her car, 15 mins later I called her , apologized and offered to repair. I immediately went to the dealer and bought the repair kit. Five hours later, an officer contacted me about it and I explained what happened. No big deal, the officer came out the next day, wrote me a misdemeanor ticket, took pictures of the repair kit and receipt. Several weeks later my ex asked for the receipt and took it and got cash back for the kit. No case when I appeared for the misdemeanor.



On the advice of the deputies she talks with she went and got an estimate to repair the scratch in the amounts of $1100, 1800, etc. which turned the misdemeanor into a felony. When I spoke with the original officer a few days prior he told me he only wrote it as a misdemeanor because the scratch was not deep but two other officer's upped it to a felony. I might add that 15 estimates by the top auto paint shops in the area set estimates at $275- 350 at the highest and that was including the entire door or panel being painted.



I am currently being fast-tracked for a dual heart / liver transplant [/U]at one of the country's top hospitals. I am in late stages of heart failure and my liver is completely failed. When arrested at the station ,one of my live-in caregiver's told the deputies that I need some of the 23 meds I take daily to survive. I knew they would not allow any pain meds but the others were critical to my health. On the way to the car to retrieve my meds list and health problem , the one deputy stated to my caregiver stated I have caused them a lot of problems with my ex. He also stated " I won't die that day so I really don't need that med list. " When they took me into the jail I clearly made them aware of my current health problems. They could obviously see I was short of breath, head pain and my liver and spleen were enlarged and painful. I requested medical help over 14 times to several deputies. I was also coughing up blood in my cell which I asked 5 deputies to help me, mainly because I have Hep C and I didn't want possible contaminated blood left on cell floor. I also requested pictures be taken but was refused. After approx. 7 hours the staff nurse did a blood pressure reading on me and said it was high but would not disclose the numbers.



I posted bail and continued to request medical attention due to the shortness of breath and blood pressure head pain but was denied any type of aid. All they did was write on the cell glass ' watch him' as I was having a difficult time breathing. As I was finally released from the jail, I collapsed outside the door and rushed by Paramedics and Fire Department to the ER at Loma Linda Hospital where I was finally treated. I might mention that at No time did I ever have a negative attitude opt cause any disturbance that may have made them treat me this way. Do I have any recourse? The Sheriff's Leiutenant told me to seek a lawyer's advice as this was separate from her department.





Civil Rights Issues: Arrested but Denied Medical Aid While in Custody

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire