Fences and Walls: Developers Next Door About to Take Down My Fence on My Property

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Florida



I own and live on a small farm in Florida where we keep horses. Developers have bought the adjacent land and are in the process of clearing and grading. Today by chance I came home early and found a group of workers walking in my pasture. I walked out to find out what they were doing, and they informed me they were about to remove about 1,000 feet of my three board wood fence.

They claim that their survey shows a part of my fence is on the land they bought, but they will be taking out the entire fence line. The discrepancy between the new survey line and the fence is literally inches.

Fence has been there for over thirty years. I paid for it originally and previous neighbor and I shared maintenance of the fence.

Told them to leave my property or I would call police.



Called the attorney for the developer. He told me they can and will remove the fence I "illegally" placed on their property. Warned him that if they took the fence down and horses got out onto road it would be their liability. Told him I will call police if they trespass. Attorney told me they would call police to be there when they take the fence down "in case there is any problem".

What is the immediate action to prevent them taking out the fence? And what recourse if they take it down when I am not there?





Fences and Walls: Developers Next Door About to Take Down My Fence on My Property

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire