Speeding Tickets: Wrong Vehicle Being Cited for Infraction

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida

Let me start by stating that I have a exemplary driving record(no citations in 10+years) and I am not total oblivious to the law(fought, and won a careless driving on my own 15yrs ago), but I am asking for professional help. The basic idea of the fact to the matter at hand go as such. My family and I were traveling home on I75/SR93 in Florida. I was traveling in the right lane with my cruise control set at 75 mph to follow the pace of traffic. At approximately mile marker 310 a State patrol officer passed my vehicle in the left lane by approximately 3/4 of it's length of my vehicle, when at that point he slowed, maneuvered behind me , and initiated his stop. When the officer approach my vehicle, I did not have to ask, the officer instructed me that I was traveling at a rate of speed of 85 mph. I tried to question the officer, but as usual he would not listen, he would only state that he clocked me doing 85 just before the SR 50 exit, and requested my drivers license, reg., and ins.. He stated this because it is where I stated the the road construction stops, and I specifically told him I had set my cruise control at such point. Now, whether or not, he had actually used his radar is totally up to the officers discretion. While the officer was writing the citation, my wife and I had a chance to disgust the matter, and we, as well as our daughter, all remember a vehicle, identical to ours, traveling at a high rate of speed pass us only a few moment(3 minutes)before the officer pulled us over. We also were in question on why the officer needed to pass our vehicle before he pulled us over? So when the officer returned with the citation, I questioned him on these two facts two facts. First, did he ever lose sight of his target vehicle? He stated that "no, that he had the vehicle in his sight at all times". Secondly, then why was it necessary to pass our vehicle before initiating the stop? he answered by stating "I was being identified by my shirt" not by my vehicle, and that is why it was necessary to pass me prior to initiating the stop, he was to getting a look at me, the driver. The officer at that point handed the citation to my wife and walked backed to his cruiser. I guess this ended our conversation, and our business. So I continued on my way. The next day, I had business in Tampa, so I was traveling the same route home, as the day before. What interested me is that where the officer stated he obtained my speed, and at the point where the officer initiated the stop is approximately 9 miles. This is a long distant to pursue a vehicle and not lose sight of the target vehicle? The second question is, if the officer never lost sight of my vehicle why was it necessary to identify the driver(identifying the driver only in a traffic citation seem questionable) if he never lost sight of the target vehicle?. I would greatly appreciate any legal help on this matter. Please, if you can give me case law and legal precedence. I will accept any help though, I know that the officer misidentified my vehicle for another vehicle, and was to stubborn to accept the possibility that he maybe wrong. PLEASE HELP





Speeding Tickets: Wrong Vehicle Being Cited for Infraction

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire