Job Benefits Per Diem Employee Forced to Go Full-Time

jeudi 29 janvier 2015

My question involves employment and labor law for the state of: California



I am a nurse that works 2 jobs, a full-time position at a hospital and a per diem position at an ambulance company. My question is regarding my ambulance job, which I have worked for over 3 years as a per diem employee:



I work two 24 hour shifts per week and every once in a while, I work one day week. This works well for me as I have a full time job that provides benefits for my family. The company states that I must sign paperwork to become a full-time employee, as the current arrangement violates 'the new law' limiting hours on per diem employees to 24 hours per week. If I do not sign up as a full-time employee, I will have my weekly hours capped at 24 (one shift). This will seriously impact my financial situation to do that, but I cannot commit to 48 every week, as I need to have the freedom to reduce hours every few weeks for family, scheduling conflicts, etc. If full time, I do not want to be disciplined for not scheduling enough days. The HR employees I have spoken with cannot tell me which law dictates the change, or even if it is state or federal.



I am concerned that they are misinterpreting the law, as I know many nurses that work per diem as much or more that I do for other companies and have not been affected. I have a great relationship with my employer so far and I do not want to jeopardize that, but I also do not want to have two full-time jobs.



Is there such a cap on the amount of hours a per diem employee can work, and if so, where can I find it? Any advice on how to proceed?





Job Benefits Per Diem Employee Forced to Go Full-Time

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire